Saturday, December 4, 2010

Transportation

This past week we talked about Transportation. Enjoy the slideshow of the activities we did (or at least some of them, my camera batteries died one day so we didn't get pictures of all of the activities!).


Click to play this Smilebox slideshow
Create your own slideshow - Powered by Smilebox
Personalize a digital slideshow




I also wanted to share a few things I have heard in the classroom lately, a few things that have made me smile. :)

When we were talking about the first Thanksgiving, my Kindergarten friends were asked to draw a picture of the Pilgrims and Indians on that special day. While working on their picture, one friend turned to another and said, "I used to be a pilgrim. Back when I was old."

I have a friend who loves to count to 10 in Spanish, or at least in her interpretation of Spanish. Here is what I heard from her one afternoon: "una, dos, ques, quatro, cinco, sleigh, neueve, DS, siete, ocho, u-eve". She has the basic concept there, but it still needs a little work :)

While using the Rock, Paper, Scissors method to decide what book they were going to read during Read to Someone for the Daily 5, I overheard one partner say to the other, "How about you be rock and I'll be paper". That's one way to ensure that you will win!

And lastly, I was informed this week that "girls are made out of glitter and salt." How true, they sparkle and add flavor to your life!

No comments:

Post a Comment